RECOMMENDED FOR FIRST-TIMERS! HOW TO ENJOY THE MEAT TRIAL SET!
Shopping at an online shop for the first time may bring up some concerns. There’s always a worry of how fresh the meat will be, the taste, and the condition in which it will arrive. On top of all that, there’s also a bunch of different options! We know it can be overwhelming, so we’ve taken the hard part out and collected all our customer-favorites in one convenient trial set for anyone who’s never ordered at The Meat Guy before!
Today, we’ll be showing you how to make the most out of The Meat Guy’s trial set. Check it out!
IF IT’S YOUR FIRST TIME AT OUR ONLINE MEAT STORE, THIS IS THE PERFECT SET FOR YOU!
The Meat Guy is offering a value trial set for all first-time customers! The set includes 7 of our most popular products at a fraction of the total cost! It is 6,980 yen including FREE SHIPPING!
Here’s a quick look at all the items in the trial set as well as some simple and delicious recipes you can try using the meat. We’ve made the recipes easy enough so that even those who aren’t so skilled in the kitchen can follow along. Here we go!
SPICY SAUSAGE 500G (5 PCS.)
Out of all our original raw sausages, this is probably the most popular! Since this sausage has never been pre-cooked or heated, please make sure to cook it thoroughly before eating. It uses lamb casing, which gives the sausage a nice crunch when biting into it. This one’s so juicy and simply addicting!
RIBEYE STEAK 270G
Ribeye is generally known to be leaner and healthier than striploin. This steak is filled with umami, yet still remains soft and tender with its moderate fat content. A simple sprinkle of the included steak spice before cooking is enough to make this steak delicious! Enjoy the rich flavor of lean meat!
PETITE FILET MIGNON 180G
This part is the most expensive and softest cut of beef. Cook it as is and enjoy the simple but oh so rich flavor!
STEAK SPICE 120G
This is The Meat Guy’s original steak spice mix. It’s got just the right amount of saltiness, balanced with a mix of different spices to elevate any steak! Season your steaks with this spice before grilling to make them extra delicious. This can also be used on grilled vegetables, stir-fried dishes, and other fried dishes.
DUCK MAGRET (DUCK BREAST) 350G
This one’s duck breast from duck that’s been raised specifically for foie gras. This duck breast is nice and moist, rich in fat and natural duck meat flavor.
LAMB CHOPS 260G
This one’s some pre-cut lamb chops! Having the bone attached makes it so much easier to eat with your hands! Cook until medium doneness and have yourself a fancy feast tonight!
CHICKEN BREAST 1KG
Kinso-dori is a local brand of chicken from Aichi prefecture. This chicken meat has a light and refreshing flavor. Each pack contains 3-4 pieces of chicken breast meat.
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE 1 PIECE
These moist brownies are filled with chocolatey goodness! They may remind you of the brownies you get on an in-flight meal in the U.S.
The trial set contains all 7 of the products listed above. There’s quite a lot of products included in the set so make sure to free up some space in your freezer before ordering!
Meat purchased from The Meat Guy is vacuum-sealed and delivered frozen, so a bit of time is needed for thawing. Here are a couple points to remember when it comes to thawing frozen meat.
First: make sure NOT to thaw at room temperature. The difference between the temperature in the freezer and room temperature is too big, so if you do this, the meat quality will end up being damaged and also result in a large amount of “drip”. The umami will also get flushed out with that “drip”, so make sure to use a thawing method that results in the least amount of drip as possible. There are a number of thawing methods that prevent drip, but the easiest would have to be thawing in the refrigerator. The thawing time will of course depend on how big the meat is. For meat that’s smaller than a 1kg block, it should be thawed out in about a day. Meat that’s bigger than that might take around 2 days or more.
Second: If you’re thawing meat in the refrigerator, make sure to put the meat in a tray or bowl. You can also place it inside a thick plastic bag if you like. This is to prevent any leakage in case the original wrapping of the meat has been damaged during shipping. Nobody wants a dirty fridge!
EASY RECIPES USING THE TRIAL SET MEAT
The trial set includes meats like steak and chicken that you may already be familiar with. However, it also has a couple meats that you may not be accustomed to. Meat like duck breast and lamb chops may be intimidating to people who have never cooked it before.
So, here are a couple simple and easy recipes you can use to help you get the ball rolling!
The included steak spice is also an all-around awesome spice to have at home. We’ll be showing you how to use this versatile spice on dishes other than steak.
Start off by thawing the meat in the refrigerator for about 2 days.
ROASTED DUCK BREAST WITH ORANGE SAUCE (FOR 2-3 PEOPLE)
- 350g duck breast
- 150ml orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- １.Make two vertical cuts on the skin of the duck meat (350g), sprinkle with salt and pepper (a little), and let it come back to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- 2．Wipe off the excess moisture with a paper towel, heat the frying pan over medium heat without any oil, put the duck meat skin down, wipe the fat or oil that comes out with a paper towel and heat for 8 minutes without touching.
- Flip it over and heat the other side for 5 minutes.
- 3．Immediately after cooking, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- 4．Put orange juice (150 ml) and salt (1/2 teaspoon) in the pan after cooking the duck, simmer until half the liquid has evaporated, and add butter (1 teaspoon) to finish the sauce.
Slice the duck into 5mm pieces, line them up, and drizzle with orange sauce.
SPICY CHICKEN BREAST (FOR 2 -3 PEOPLE)
- 250-300g (1 piece) chicken breast
- 1 tsp Meat Guy steak spice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1．Put chicken breast (1 piece, about 250-300g) in a sealed bag, add steak spice (1 tsp), sugar (1/2 tsp) and olive oil (1 tbsp), shake until mixed, spread flat and remove as much air as possible before sealing. (* Select a sealed bag that has heat resistance up to around 100 ° C)
- 2．Bring a pot of water (1L) to a rolling boil. Once boiling, turn the heat off, place the sealed bag of chicken inside, place the cover on the pot, and leave for 4 hours to complete!
SPICY BREADED LAMB CHOPS (FOR 2-3 PEOPLE)
- 5 lamb chops
- 40g bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp original steak spice
- 1/2 tbsp grated cheese
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1．Mix bread crumbs (40g), original spice (1/2 tablespoon), and grated cheese (1/2 tablespoon), mayonnaise (2 teaspoons) well, and coat the lamb chops with the mixture.
- 2．Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook on both sides without any oil.
- You can cook it to your desired doneness. We recommend cooking it for about 2-3 minutes on each side until it’s browned on the outside but the inside remains slightly pink.
You can also substitute the steak spice with chopped parsley and make a “herbed bread crumb mixture”.
HERE ARE A COUPLE OF OTHER EASY AND SIMPLE RECIPES!
Next, we will introduce other simple and delicious recipes!
In addition to the ones introduced below, raw sausages can be cooked or boiled in a frying pan, or they can be chopped and used for stewed or stir-fried dishes.
DUCK CONFIT USING A RICE COOKER! (FOR 2-3 PEOPLE)
- 350g duck meat
- 1 tsp salt
- A little black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove sliced garlic
- 1．Make two vertical cuts in the duck meat (350g), rub salt (1 teaspoon) and black pepper (a little) on the surface, and leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- 2．Wipe off the moisture with a paper towel and put olive oil (2 tablespoons), bay leaf (1 leaf) and sliced garlic (1 clove) in a sealed bag. (* Select a sealed bag that has heat resistance of up to around 100 ° C)
- 3．Fill the rice cooker pot with enough water so that the duck meat is submerged. Heat in “keep warm mode” (if you have a Japanese rice cooker: 保温) for 4 hours.
- This is what it looks like after 4 hours.
- 4．After heating in the rice cooker, fry the surface in a frying pan heated to medium heat without using any oil.
- Slice into 5 mm to 1 cm pieces and eat. Sprinkle with lemon or salt if you like.
PASTA PEPERONCINO WITH RAW SAUSAGES (FOR 2 PEOPLE)
- 160g pasta
- 2 raw sausages
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-3 red chili pepper (as you like)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- A little black pepper
- 1．Bring a pot of water to a boil with some salt (about 1 tbsp). While waiting for that to boil, prepare the other ingredients. Cut the sausages (2 pcs) diagonally into bite-sized pieces.
- 2． Put olive oil (2 tbsp), chopped garlic (2 cloves) and chili peppers (if you like) in a frying pan and fry over low heat. When the garlic is browned, add sausage until thoroughly cooked.
- 3． Boil pasta (160g) as indicated on the packaging. Drain in a colander, place in the pan, and mix with all the other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste and you're done!
SPICY LAMB CHOPS (FOR 2-3 PEOPLE)
- 5 lamb chops
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- １．Put lamb chops (5), gochujang (1 tbsp), soy sauce (1 tbsp), and honey (1 tsp) in a thick plastic bag, shake to mix and let marinate for about 30 minutes (if you want to marinate it for more than 30 minutes, leave it in the fridge.)
- ２．Heat sesame oil (1 tbsp) in a frying pan and cook on medium heat until browned. Cook the other side the same way. Spread lettuce on a plate, serve meat and sprinkle with white sesame seeds to complete!
This is The Meat Guy’s carefully curated trial set for TMG first-timers. We’re all confident in the quality and freshness of the meats we offer, and are excited for all of you to try out our top picks! Have fun!
(Free Shipping) Limited to Our First-Time Buyers Only! 7 Of Our Most Popular Items Packed Into One Trial Set!¥6,980This is for our first-time buyers only! This set contains 7 of our most popular items that would usually total to about 10,000 Yen!
Small Duck Breast from Hungary (350g)¥1,550Plain and simple duck breast from Hungary. (Frozen)
KINSOU-DORI Boneless Chicken Breast 1kg¥1,070Kinsou-Dori, Whole boneless chicken breasts in a 1 kg bag! (Frozen)
[Wakanui Spring Lamb] New Zealand Lamb Chops - 5 Chops (approx. 260g)
Regular Price: ¥2,490
The Meat Guy Spicy Sausage aka. Italian Salsicca Sausage (5pc)¥1,190Spicy Italian Sausage. 100% All Natural, No Preservatives, No Artificial Ingredients, No Sugar! (Frozen)
The Meat Guy's Original Steak Seasoning Spice Mix¥540This is our own special blend – a perfect match for any of our steaks, chops, or chicken. (Dry)
THE MEAT GUY'S RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
Ribeye Steak (270g)¥1,460One of the tastiest steaks and considered the king of many steakhouses as it has the most rich, bold flavor. (Frozen)
Petite Filet Mignon (180g)¥2,300For smaller appetites, this “lady size” steak is good for any sized lady. (Frozen)
Triple Chocolate Brownies (28 pcs)¥4,100A big box of American old-fashioned brownies. 28 pieces at 42.5 grams. (Frozen)
Small Baby Pork Back Ribs - 2 Small Racks 1.2kg¥2,290Claimed by many to be the best ribs in Japan. These ribs are small and should fit any home oven or pot for boiling them first. Two racks per pack! Frozen.
The Meat Guy's Original "Real" Barbecue Sauce【HOT】S-Size (370g)¥780Thick, Hot, and Smokin’ BBQ Sauce. S-Size. (Dry)
Cube Roll / Rib Roast (800g Block)¥4,150A practical sized roast for the Japanese oven. 800g. (Chilled)