- On October 21st 0:00am - 5:00am, due to server maintenance, our services will be unavailable . We apologize for the inconvenience caused hereby and appreciate your understanding.
- The Meat Guy is now a participant of Cashless’s 5% Consumer Cash Back Program.
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
Australian beef oxtail cut. The tail is skinned and cut into smaller pieces. The tailbone comes with some marrow in the center, and a bony portion of meat surrounding the tail.
The meat is gelatinous and best used for stocks, soups, and braises.
A great recipe for Sri Lanka Style Oxtail Soup:
1. Add oxtail, beef, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, celery, carrots, cabbage and cucumbers to a large stockpot.
2. Fill the pot with water until all ingredients are covered.
3. Stir in bouillon cubes and season with pepper and all the other spices you like.
4. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender and beef is cooked through. This can take a few hours, so be patient.
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪
Review of this item
I used this to prepare a Jamaican Oxtail dish for wifey, who loves JA food. The Oxtails from TMG themselves were pretty good. Not too fatty, and nicely cut, for the most part. Like all meats of this nature you absolutely must focus on an extended cooking time. You cannot rush oxtails. I did my best to duplicate the taste of Jamaican restaurants that we've been to back home in NYC, and from our frequent visits to Jamaica. The results were...pretty darned good, if I do say so myself. Using the right ingredients (and patience), you can make an absolutely heavenly dish that will have you imagining that you're on a beach in Negril or Ocho Rios! Ya mon!