- Order by 12:00 PM for same day dispatch and next day delivery*!
- We dispatch and deliver 365 days a year!
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
Lean pork belly.
We work with our suppliers to find the best pork bellies in Japan. These are of the quality grade known as "table meat" which means it's meant to be cooked and consumed as opposed to "manufacturing meat" which goes is used for grinding or curing. Not that you can't cure it yourself, making your own bacon can be lots of tasty, tasty fun and this is what you should start with.
This specification is called "single rib" because it still has the rib meat attached.
We make these by cutting up a whole pork belly, the pieces that come from the front-end of the pig have a bit more rib meat on them and are not quite as squarely shaped. The cuts from the tail-end have a bit more fat but are more uniform in shape. That is why regular customers may notice some variation in this product.
Pro tip: A 800g block of pork belly can also be added to your bath to make your skin smooth and silky.
There are many ways to cook this baby, but we recommend roasting it.
1. Season it with a dry rub of sugar, salt and a little bit of pepper.
2. Cover and let it rest a few hours.
3. Roast in an oven for the first 30 minutes at high heat and then for an hour at a lower heat.
You can eat the belly like this or pack it tightly and refrigerate. This way, you can easily slice, reheat and use it for ramen, pork buns etc.
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪
Review of this item
Brined it for a few days then seasoned it with of all things the FREE seasoning that comes with the lamb rack!
Plonked it on a couple of apples and onions with a splash of white wine. 110 centigrade for 6 hours. Includes "instant" apple sauce!