- Order by 12:00 PM for same day dispatch and next day delivery*!
- We dispatch and deliver 365 days a year!
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
This is the real deal! The real thing! US porterhouse steak of approx. 750g. Cut really thick for a juicy steak you or your friends will never forget.
The Porterhouse is kind of a composite steak coming from the point where the tenderloin and top loin meet. Basically an over-sized T-Bone steak the porterhouse is thicker cut and has much more of the tenderloin relative to the loin portion. If you remove the bone and cut out the two steaks that basically make up this steak you will get a tenderloin steak and a top loin (or strip steak).
Because both the loin and tenderloin are quite forgiving a Porterhouse can be cooked any way you like. It is perfect when grilled but can also be broiled, sauteed or pan-fried. Use our "Stake Spice" and season lightly. Try not to cook it beyond medium at the most.
Here is our recommendation for how to cook the steak in a frying pan:
1. Let the raw steak breathe. Give it a few minutes of peace and quiet at room temperature.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steak.
3. Heat oil (preferably olive or canola, you can also use butter) in the pan.
4. Gently fry one side of the steak at high temperature.
5. Turn the steak over to fry the other side.
6. Flip the steak again and continue frying.
7. Cooking time depends on your cooking device and the doneness you prefer. (We would recommend medium rare!)
8. Cut steak diagonally into thin slices for extra tenderness.
9. Serve as is or with your favorite side dish
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪