Grass-fed and hormone free striploin steak from New Zealand. Not as marbled and tender as their big brothers from the US but definitely worth their money. Same as our Morgan Ranch beef from the US, the New Zealand beef is guaranteed without the use of growth hormones
1 New Zealand Strip Steak, vaccum packed, approximate weight is 270g
Because both the loin and tenderloin are quite forgiving, a Strip steak can be cooked any way you like. It is perfect grilled but can also be broiled, sauteed or pan-fried. (Pro Tipp: Rub with our original Stake Spice! See related items below!)
Recommendation for cooking in a frying pan:
1. Let the raw steak breath. Give it a few minutes in peace and quiet at room temperature.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steak.
3. Heat oil (preferably olive or canola, you can also use butter) in the pan.
4. Gently fry one side of the steak for 1 minute at high temperature.
5. Turn the steak over to fry the other side.
6. Flip the steak again and continue frying.
7. Cooking time depends on the doneness you prefer, we would recommend medium rare!
8. Cut steak diagonally into thin slices for extra tenderness.
9. Serve as is or with your favorite side dish
In Depth【About New Zealand Farms】
1. Cattle Raised on Mineral Rich Pastures
In New Zealand throughout the year the climate is pretty gentle with 17,000 milimeters on average of rainfall. This abundance of rain makes the perfect conditions for pastures that the cattle graze upon. These cattle are also 100% grass-fed. Cows are animals that have very lttle dietary needs, and grass supplies all of them. Grass-fed cattle are the most natural cattle there are!
-Farmers use an abundant array of seeds depending on each season, each producing grass with the necessary nutrients for the perfect pasture. Futher,more, they ae also able to control the appetites of the cows with certain blends and herbs.The farms used are around 10 million hectacres.
2. Only The Best are Handpicked for Redness, Flavor, Tenderness, and High Nutrition
The steers and herfers used are relatively young. On average, they are around 24 months. These breeds also produce Angus beef which is an excellent qaulity of meat. The nutrients that these cows produce are much like tuna, and bonito fish oh which are rich in inosinic acid and glutamic acid. These are essential for those watching their health, lookig for a bit of anti aging, or even body builders paying close attention to calorie intake. Grass-fed beef is also very low in fat and cholesterol, topped off with being packed with omega 3 fatty acids.
3. Cows Raised in a Stress-Free Environment Without Harmful Hormone Injections
New Zealand is the first the animal husbandry world to restrict the use of hormones. Cows that have been raised with the use of growth hormones are separated and only those raised 100% hormone free are exported. In recent years, 98% of cows slaughtered for the purposed of meat are raised free of growth hormones and the use of antibiotics are limited only to curing sickness. After that, before the slaughter, they are given a break fro any medicine to fully allow the chemicals to be dispersed from their systems.
4. Zero Records of BSE or Hoof & Mouth Disease
In New Zealand, there are zero records of cinnib chronic illnesses amongst their raised cattle. The main reasoning for this is that New Zealand is isolated from most continents and they have a well formed ministry of agriculture.
5. Only The Best are Handpicked for Redness, Flavor, Tenderness, and High Nutrition
New Zealand's import regulations are also unified under their ministry of agriculture. It is compulsory that for all livestock that is raised and slaughtered must submit a histiory form that properly lays out the life of the animal. All the way from the farm to your dinner table, for traceability's sake, the record holding of treatment from veteranarians, safety inspections, and processing are all mandatory.
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪
Review of this item