- The Meat Guy is now a participant of Cashless’s 5% Consumer Cash Back Program.
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
Grass-fed and hormone free striploin steak from New Zealand. Not as marbled and tender as their big brothers from the US but definitely worth their money. Same as our Morgan Ranch beef from the US, the New Zealand beef is guaranteed without the use of growth hormones
1 New Zealand Strip Steak, vaccum packed, approximate weight is 270g
Because both the loin and tenderloin are quite forgiving, a Strip steak can be cooked any way you like. It is perfect grilled but can also be broiled, sauteed or pan-fried. (Pro Tipp: Rub with our original Stake Spice! See related items below!)
Recommendation for cooking in a frying pan:
1. Let the raw steak breath. Give it a few minutes in peace and quiet at room temperature.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steak.
3. Heat oil (preferably olive or canola, you can also use butter) in the pan.
4. Gently fry one side of the steak for 1 minute at high temperature.
5. Turn the steak over to fry the other side.
6. Flip the steak again and continue frying.
7. Cooking time depends on the doneness you prefer, we would recommend medium rare!
8. Cut steak diagonally into thin slices for extra tenderness.
9. Serve as is or with your favorite side dish
Our recommended selection for people who are looking for grass-fed beef and grass-fed steaks and grass-fed grass without the use of hormones. High red meat to fat ratio, less total fat, more heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, more antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin E
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪