- Order by 12:00 PM for same day dispatch and next day delivery*!
- Free shipping on orders over 10,000 yen (※excluding some areas)
- Easy!Subscribe to our meaty newsletter!
- QDo you have a store? Where can I buy your products?
- AWe are an online retailer and operate from Nagoya, Aichi-ken. We currently do not have a walk-in store.
- QWhat does The Meat Guy have that my local grocery store doesn't?
- AWe have a full selection of meats including roasts, lamb, and steaks, T-bones, chops and exotic meats such as crocodile, wild boar, kangaroo, ostrich and more and our selection is constantly increasing. Finally, there's price! As an importer and wholesaler, we eliminate the middleman passing the savings on to you.
- QWhat payment options are available?
- ACredit card (Fastest and recommended)
Cash on delivery (Fast, fees apply)
Credit card on delivery (Fast, fees apply)
Bank Transfer (Slow, your bank might add fees)
Postal Transfer (Slow, your bank might add fees)
- QExplain the point system.
- ARegistered general members receive 5 points for every 100 yen spent on purchases (business members receive 1 point for every 100 yen spent). Accumulated points can be used on purchases at a 1 point = 1 yen rate, and the expiration date is 1 year. It takes about 1-3 days after purchase for points to be granted.
- QWhat is "regular price" and "% off" on the business member screen?
- A"Normal price" is the price for general members. Business members can purchase items at a "special price". The discount rate when compared with the price for general members may also be displayed. Please note that general members cannot purchase the discounted items offered to business members.
- QCan I place an order now and request a delivery date next month?
- AYes, you can order now for delivery up to 3 months ahead.
- QDo you have organic meat?
- AOrganic is a bit tricky in Japan. Up until recently, for something to be sold as organic it had to be certified as JAS Organic which is a different standard than USDA Organic or EU Organic. So there are many things that might be what you want but don't carry the label you are looking for. We have other items that are more organic in spirit than many products that are properly certified. For example, kangaroo meat, being wild, contains nothing artificial at all. But it can't be called organic as kangaroo aren't raised on a farm, thus there's nothing to actually certify. We also carry beef from our ranch in Nebraska called Morgan Ranch Beef. We don’t use antibiotics or hormones, the feed is all sourced locally, and animal welfare is the highest priority.
- QDo you have grass-fed beef?
- AMost of the Australian beef is grass-fed. We have created a category of grass-fed beef here
- QDo I have to wait for the delivery all day?
- AYou can request a delivery date and time frame giving you lots of flexibility.
- QDid you get my order?
- AProbably. After you have clicked the final “order” button on our site, the site immediately sends an automatic confirmation e-mail. If you didn’t receive this, and you are sure it is not in your spam folder, then the monsters inside the internet may have stolen your order. Please call us to confirm. Additionally, as your order enters our shipping system we will send you another automated e-mail to let you know things are being prepared. If you’ve ordered items that are sold by weight, this will show a place-holder number and may not reflect your actual charges. Finally we will send you another confirmation once the order is ready to ship that will have your tracking number(s) listed.
- QIs there a minimum order?
- AThere is no minimum order, but free shipping starts at 10,000 yen so load up your cart! There’s always a little extra room in your fridge.
- QCan I get an additional discount if I buy a product in larger quantities?
- AMaybe. However, that quantity will probably need to be in the several hundred kilograms range.
- QHow fast can you ship?
- AOur order cut-off is 12:00 PM. 90% of orders received, that ask for immediate delivery, are dispatched the same day for delivery the next day.
Please note that same-day dispatch and deliveries are logistically not feasible. Remote locations outside the main island of Japan such as Hokkaido, the southern part of Kyushu, Okinawa and smaller remote islands require at least 2 days and can take up to 7 days depending on the location. You can contact us and inquire about the delivery to your location.Same day delivery is logistically not possible!
- QCan I request a specific date and time for delivery?
- AYes! You can set for delivery any day of the year. Delivery within time frames is possible, however never guaranteed.
- QHow do you deal with claims?
- AIn an unlikely event of a claim we can offer you a replacement of the product, we can offer you credit for your next order (recommended) or we can refund you the money via bank transfer or postal transfer.