- The Meat Guy is now a participant of Cashless’s 5% Consumer Cash Back Program.
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
This turkey leg is huge! It includes the thigh, which is much more tender and juicy than turkey breast. This turkey leg is not smoked, it's raw. You'll get one monster turkey leg (it's not emu leg) to roast or eat like a caveman by yourself. It even comes with a built in handle!
|Size in kg||Approx. 700g|
|Feeds (Approx. figure! based on 1 pound / 450g per person)||1-2 people|
|Brand (can't be selected)||Prestage|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Shipping Method||Frozen only|
|Thawing in Fridge (depending on fridge)||1 day|
|Thawing in Water||2h|
|Giblets (can be used for gravy)||No|
|Approx. Roasting Time (Stuffing) - depends on many factors. Please check with a thermometer!||160 degrees C 45Min-1h|
|Approx. Roasting Time (No Stuffing) - depends on many factors. Please check with a thermometer!||160 degrees C 45Min-1h|
|Dimensions (may vary in proportion)||30cm x10.5cm x6.5cm|
After thawing, you can serve this leg however you like. We recommend roasting it in your oven.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In the meantime, rinse the turkey leg and pat dry. You can rub it with spices before cooking or keep it natural at this point.
3. Lay the legs in a roasting pan, rub skin with butter and sprinkle some salt on it.
4. Roast uncovered for 45 min - 1 hour until the leg is golden brown and the internal temperature is 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer.
5. Add water if needed while roasting, and baste occasionally with the juices or butter.
You can serve turkey with almost every vegetable as a side dish. If you like, you could also roast the leg over a bed of vegetables from the beginning.
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪