- On October 21st 0:00am - 5:00am, due to server maintenance, our services will be unavailable . We apologize for the inconvenience caused hereby and appreciate your understanding.
- The Meat Guy is now a participant of Cashless’s 5% Consumer Cash Back Program.
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
Less tender than the striploin, these rumps are still excellent for steaks, roasts, or yaki-niku. Kangaroo has a wonderful gamey taste that adds a lot of flavor without being overpowering. A very healthy alternative to other meat cuts.
Thaw completely in the refrigerator, lightly season (our Stake Spice is perfect) and allow resting at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cooking.
1. Combine wine, chives, garlic, and onion in a bowl. Add kangaroo meat and toss until it's completely coated.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add meat and cook over high heat. Cooking time depends on your cooking device and desired doneness.
3. Remove meat from pan. Cover and let it rest for a few minutes.
4: Slice cooked steaks thinly and serve with mashed potatoes and onions.
These rumps are also excellent for steaks, roasts, or sliced up for yaki-niku.
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪