- The Meat Guy is now a participant of Cashless’s 5% Consumer Cash Back Program.
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
We get a lot of requests for a beef hot-dog which seems to be impossible to find in Japan. With that in mind we recently reformulated our beef sausage to make it more frankfurter-esque. We gave it a bit of a finer grind, kicked up the garlic and smoke flavors, and put it in a thinner lamb casing so it's pork-free for those who don't eat pig.
I wouldn't want to call this a hot dog because that sounds kind of low-end, this is a hot dog on roids with a buzz-cut, in a Mustang with the top-down, and a couple blondes in hot pants in the back seat.
1. Start with a good sausage, pure beef wrapped up in a natural lamb casing
2. Simmer that wiennie. Put those dogs in some hot water, hot beer, hot wine, hot something.
3. Let the dog rest. Notice that now, after simmering, we can call it a dog, not yet a hot dog, but a dog none the less.
4.1. Grill it, baby, grill it! The man in you has been waiting for this, get some fire, some thongs, and strike a pose.
4.2. The reason for throwing the "dawgs" on the grill was to crisp up the skins, give them a really nice "I done been cooked by a he-man"
5. Get some nice buns (you knew with all this sausage innuendo going around there would be some bun talk)
6. Mustard. A hot dawg should be coated in mustard.
Fresher than our sausages is impossible unless you start stuffing living cows and pigs into casings.
Our sausages are processed from the beginning. We take fresh (never frozen) meat, grind it, add natural fresh spices and stuff it into either pork or lamb casings, vacuum pack them and freeze them immediately. Our sausages are neither pre-cooked nor prepared in any way and we don't add any additives or artificial preservatives to any of our items we produce! Hence, you need to cook the sausages before eating - but that is very easy and absolutely worth it. Once you go fresh raw meat sausages you will never go back.
We don't add any additives, artificial preservatives or sugar to these! All the spices we add are 100% natural spices only and most spices are even ground at our processing plant just shortly before we produce our sausages which adds extra freshness. Because our sausages are additive-free they need to be cooked immediately once you thaw them. The only way to preserve our sausages up to a whole year is by keeping them frozen.
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪
Review of this item