- On October 21st 0:00am - 5:00am, due to server maintenance, our services will be unavailable . We apologize for the inconvenience caused hereby and appreciate your understanding.
- The Meat Guy is now a participant of Cashless’s 5% Consumer Cash Back Program.
- Sign up for our newsletter and get in on all sorts of special deals and events! More info here!
Here comes another cut from the tenderloin, the most sought-after beef cut. This is something to write home about. This is the kind of steak that you would expect to pay tens of thousands of yen for if you had it in a high-end steakhouse. This is the kind of food you get dressed up for and charge to the expense account. If you like your steak well-done and you buy one of these and cook it that way, we will hunt you down and pants you in front of the board of directors, so don’t even think about it…
Check out our "Cooking with The Meat Guy - How to Cook a Thick Steak" episode so you will have an idea on how to cook this juicy filet mignon steak. Don't even think about cooking it in any other way than we do suggest! There is a special place in hell for those who cook this steak in the microwave.
*Please note that the meat which you see in the video is not Morgan Ranch Beef but rather our normal Australian striploin beef. The cooking method, however, is the same.
What is Morgan Ranch Beef? The Morgan Ranch is located in Nebraska, USA and is owned by the Morgan family for many generations now. After several years of struggling with import restrictions on American beef, we were finally able to import our very own beef from Nebraska, USA to Nagoya, Japan. And all the way from calving our cattle, harvesting, importing, processing and shipping up until your doorstep there is a Morgan involved the whole way! You can read the full story with many pictures in every detail here.
At a glance:
- Farm to table traceability
- Pampered Livestock
- Bred for taste
- Grass Fed and Grain Finished in a pristine natural environment
- No growth promoting artificial hormones
- No use of sub-therapeutic antibiotics
- Beef so good you’ll sell your children
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪