- Order by 12:00 PM for same day dispatch and next day delivery*!
- We dispatch and deliver 365 days a year!
What is KINSOU-DORI Chicken?
Well, its the Morgan Ranch Beef, but for chicken. This is what you have been looking for when you prefer healthy, hormone-free chicken. These 2kg birds are huge and have a much fresher taste than common chicken. KINSOU-DORI is known for a pinker breast, firmer texture, and fuller chicken flavor.
If you have never tried KINSOU-DORI in Japan, then this is your time! Ideal for oven roasting or butterflying on the grill!
You can season this bird generously with all the spices you like. I remember that my mother used a lot of mustard to bath the chicken, giving it a nice spicy touch, but that part is all up to you.
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt, pepper and anything else you like.
3. Place some butter, onions and sliced apples in the chicken cavity.
4. Bake uncovered for up to 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
(Caution: Cooking times depend on the device you use! )
Leftovers like bones and cartilage can be used to make lots and lots of your own stock which can be frozen and used in plenty of other dishes long after this bird is already gone.
The term Kin-sou, roughly translates to, Rich and Refreshing. Throw the Dori at the end of it and you've got a rich refreshing bird!
Japanese is quite easy once you get down to it.
Kinsou-Dori Chicken is raised right here in Aichi-Ken, so it's locally sourced.
You won't find chicken of this flavor at your local supermarket and certainly not for these prices!
Stock the freezer!
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪