- Due to the heavy rain, we are currently suspending deliveries in some areas of Gifu, Ooita,Nagano,Kumamoto Prefecture.(7/10 9AM)
- We dispatch and deliver 365 days a year!
- Easy!Subscribe to our meaty newsletter!
- Same day dispatch for orders made by 12:00noon! (subject to product availability)
Please note that this item may not be readily stocked and may be processed upon receipt of order. If we are unable to meet your delivery request we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding.
Lean pork belly. These are of the quality grade known as "table meat" which means it's meant to be cooked and consumed as opposed to "manufacturing meat" which is used for grinding or curing. Not that you can't cure it yourself, making your own bacon can be lots of tasty, tasty fun and this is what you should start with. This specification is called "single rib" because it still has the rib meat attached. A whole pork belly can make an excellent conversation piece for your coffee table.
There are many ways to cook this baby, but we recommend roasting it.
1. Season it with a dry rub of sugar, salt and a little bit of pepper.
2. Cover and let it rest a few hours.
3. Roast in an oven for the first 30 minutes at high heat and then for an hour at a lower heat.
You can eat the belly like this or pack it tightly and refrigerate. This way, you can easily slice, reheat and use it for ramen, pork buns etc.
The thawing time depends on many factors such as size, weight, packaging, and type of meat. Please refer to our thawing chart ≫here≪