EXPAND YOUR REPERTOIRE! LAMB MEAT RECIPES (BY CUT)
Raw lamb meat has started to pop up in a couple select supermarkets… However, there may still be some people who aren’t that familiar with cooking this delicious meat. Lamb meat is a great healthy meat option, so why not learn today?!
Here are some recipes to help you out using the lamb meat that you can purchase at The Meat Guy!
DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START? EASY LAMB MEAT RECIPES
Lamb meat is rich in a nutrient called L-carnitine. L-carnitine is present in almost every cell of the body and is a substance involved in energy production. Since it burns fat, we can say that it’s an indispensable nutrient for people who are dieting!
They say that L-carnitine is higher in lean meat, but in beef filet, it’s only about 60 mg… whereas lamb contains more than 200 mg! Even so, you may still have to get over the hurdle of not knowing how to cook this nutritious meat. Don’t worry! Once you get the hang of it, you can cook it like any other meat!
Let’s start off with a couple basic lamb meat recipes today!
FRY PAN ROAST LAMB (FOR 3-4 PEOPLE)
A lamb version of roast beef. It's moist, soft and juicy! It’s just like roast beef, you might actually forget that it’s lamb!
- 500g lamb meat
- ★ 1 tsp salt
- ★ A little black pepper
- ★ 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ◆ 100ml red wine
- ◆ 10g butter
- ◆ 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1. Take the lamb meat out of the fridge and let it rest at room temperature for about 30 mins.
- 2. Mix up the ingredients marked with a ★ and rub it all over the meat. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat, and start cooking the meat. Cover the pan with a lid and continue cooking on low heat for about 4 minutes. Flip it over and cook the other side for another 4 mins. After that, continue cooking on low heat until the surface is browned.
- 3. When both sides are browned, remove the meat from the pan and wrap in aluminum foil. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- 4. Cut the meat and serve it on a plate. Place the ingredients marked with a ◆ in the pan with the meat juices and cook to create the sauce. Drizzle this over the meat, and it’s done!
SPICY SOY-BRAISED LAMB (FOR 3-4 PEOPLE)
Use gochujang to make it spicy! Gochujang contains "capsaicin" (chili pepper) which enhances the burning sensation! Enjoy the flavor of lamb meat without the unique smell with the rich sauce and some warm rice!
- 700g lamb meat
- 1 onion, chopped into big chunks
- 100ml sake
- ★2 tbsp each of gochujang and miso paste
- ★1 tbsp each of soy sauce and honey
- ★1 tsp each of ginger and garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- １．Cut the lamb meat into 3-4cm pieces. Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat and start cooking the lamb.
- ２．Wipe off excess fat from the pan with kitchen paper, add chopped onions and sake, add enough water to soak the meat, and continue cooking on medium heat.
- ３．When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to very low, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 4. Add the ★ ingredients, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes to complete!
LAMB TENDERLOIN RECIPES
If you like softer meat more than firm and chewy, then tenderloin (filet) is for you! This is the softest part of the lamb. Here are a couple easy recipes that’ll highlight the softness of the meat!
BOILED LAMB WITH GINGER SAUCE (FOR 2 PEOPLE)
A lamb version of steamed chicken with potato starch! If you make it with lamb tenderloin, you will feel the flavor and umami of the tender meat better, and the smooth texture will be addictive!
- 200g lamb tenderloin
- ★ 1/2 tsp each of sugar and salt
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- ◆ 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ◆ 1 tsp sesame oil
- ◆ 5cm White part of green onion
- ◆ 1 tsp grated ginger
- Small chives as you like
- 1. Cut the lamb tenderloin into thin slices of about 5 mm, mix the ★ ingredients with the meat and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Boil water in a small pot.
- 2. Mix the ◆ ingredients to make green onion ginger sauce.
- 3. Dredge the meat with potato starch before boiling. When the meat changes color, place it on a plate.
- 4. Sprinkle the green onion ginger sauce of "2." on "3." and decorate the small green onions, and it's done!
LAMB HAM (FOR 3-4 PEOPLE)
You can cook at low temperature by slowly boiling in a small pot with a lid. Moist, juicy and delicious lamb ham is an easy-to-use dish that can be used in sandwiches or as a topping for snacks and salads.
- 300g lamb tenderloin
- ★ 1/2 tsp each of sugar and salt
- ★ 2 tsp olive oil
- ★ 1 bay leaf
- 1. Place the lamb and ★ ingredients in a resealable plastic bag and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour (use a heat-resistant bag).
- 2. Boil 1L of hot water in a pot with a lid.
- 3. Place the bag in the pot, turn the heat off, and cover. Leave for about 2 hours.
- 4. When it has cooled, remove from the bag, slice it up, and enjoy!
EASY SLICED LAMB RECIPES
Lamb shoulder meat slices are easy to use and can be used for more than just stir-fry or roast.
DEEP-FRIED LAMB TATSUTA (FOR 3-4 PEOPLE)
By using sliced meat, it will be moist, juicy and tender. It’s like our beloved Japanese-style fried chicken with a twist!
- 500g lamb shoulder slices
- ★ 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ★ 2 tbsp mirin
- ★ 1 tsp each of grated ginger and garlic
- 4 tbsp potato starch
- appropriate amount of oil for deep-frying
- １．Mix the ★ ingredients and the lamb meat (no need to soak for a long time.)
- ２．Start heating the oil. When the temperature reaches 180 degrees, roll up the meat and dredge with potato starch before frying.
- ３．When it’s nice and golden-brown, remove it from the oil.
- ４．Enjoy with lemon if you like!
KANSAI-STYLE LAMB MEAT SUKIYAKI (FOR 3-4 PEOPLE)
There are two ways to enjoy sukiyaki: Kanto-style, where the meat is simmered in the sukiyaki stock or Kansai-style, where the meat is grilled first before the rest of the ingredients are added in. By eating the sukiyaki Kansai-style, you can enjoy the natural taste of lean lamb meat!
- 500g lamb shoulder slices
- 1/2 pack crown daisy
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 onion
- 2 Chinese cabbage
- 4-5 knots Shirataki
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- carrots and enoki mushrooms as you like
- 1/2 pack grilled tofu
- A little oil
- 1 tsp butter
- Appropriate amount of your favorite sukiyaki stock
- Raw egg as you like
- 1. Cut the crown daisies into 3 cm-long pieces, cut the green onion diagonally to a thickness of about 1 cm, cut the onions into round slices, cut the Chinese cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, enoki mushrooms, and tofu into bite-size pieces.
- 2. Cook using a frying pan or hot plate. Add a little oil and start cooking the onions and Chinese cabbage over medium heat. When the vegetables are cooked, bring them to the edge, add butter and cook 4 slices of lamb meat.
- 3. When one side of the lamb is cooked, turn it over and add about 2 tbsp of sukiyaki stock, then mix. Enjoy it with raw eggs if you like!
- 4. Arrange the remaining ingredients in a pan (or hot plate), add the stock so that half of the vegetables are submerged, and bring to a boil. If the flavor is too strong, adjust it to your taste by adding water. Once it starts boiling, add lamb meat and cook while eating.
EXPAND YOUR LAMB REPERTOIRE!
The recipes introduced in this article can also be applied to other meats! Think of lamb meat like you would any other meat, and you’ll be able to use this versatile meat in other recipes as well!
The only limit is your own imagination! Enjoy this L-carnitine-rich meat on a daily basis! Are you up for the challenge?
New Zealand Bone-In Lamb Leg (1.9kg)¥6,050Mighty bone in lamb. The shank portion is off with bone-in leaving only the tastiest and most tender portion. (Frozen)
New Zealand Boneless Lamb Leg 【Sold by Weight】¥5,830New Zealand Boneless Lamb Leg sold by weight. (Frozen)
Lamb Tenderloins (500g) from new zealand¥4,220Whole lamb tenderloins for itty bitty fillet mignon steaks. This is the choicest bit of the entire lamb. (Frozen)
Sliced Lamb Shoulder (500g)¥2,050Lamb shoulder, sliced thinly for almost anything you can think of that calls for sliced lamb. (Frozen)
Boneless Lamb Shoulder Block¥2,960Tasty boneless Lamb Shoulder from Australia. (Frozen)
THE MEAT GUY'S RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
(Free Shipping) Limited to Our First-Time Buyers Only! 7 Of Our Most Popular Items Packed Into One Trial Set!¥6,980This is for our first-time buyers only! This set contains 7 of our most popular items that would usually total to about 10,000 Yen!
[Wakanui Spring Lamb] New Zealand Lamb Chops - 5 Chops (approx. 260g)¥2,490Tasty frenched lamb chops from the worlds number one exporter in New Zealand. Even those who have never tried lamb meat before are sure to enjoy these delicious lamb chops!
Australian Lamb Yaki-Niku Slices (200g)¥880Lamb Yaki-Niku Slices! The Lamb that's suddenly gaining popularity even in Japan! !
Lamb Shortloin Block 200g×2pc(400g) from New Zealand¥3,330One whole lamb loin. The perfect steak for your next easter dish. (Frozen)
Double Lamb Spare Rib Racks 600g¥2,630New Zealand born and raised lamb spare ribs! This comes with 2 racks!
THE MEAT GUY'S ORIGINAL LAMB RUB SPICE MIX (JAR)¥540Bring out the spark in your lamb with this lemon peel and herb based lamb spice! (Free of additives!)